Near Lumiere's Lodge
- Less than 7 minutes from Disney’s entrance
- Great restaurants on Hwy 192, 5 minutes away
- New Super Wal-Mart less than a mile away
- 10 minutes to Animal Kingdom
- 13 minutes to Epcot
- 13 minutes to Hollywood Studios
- 15 minutes to the Magic Kingdom
- 20 minutes to Seaworld
- 24 minutes to Universal Studios
- 35 minutes to Orlando Airport
- 20 minutes to Wet N Wild
- 40 minutes to Lego Land
- Mystic Dunes – right next door!
- 15 minutes to Champions Gate
- 14 minutes to Orange Lake
- 20 minutes to Lake Buena Vista
- 15 minutes to Disney’s Palm and Magnolia
- 25 minutes to Shingle Creek
- Lots more in the area!
If you’re flying into Orlando International (MCO), Melbourne (MLB), or Sanford (SFB), you will need transportation to Windsor Hills and to the parks, etc. Windsor Hills does not have shuttles. Taxis can be called, but are the most expensive option.
Rental vehicles are simple to arrange at each airport; UndercoverTourist.com has a great discount program, just ask us for a guide on how to use them; also Autoslash.com is a free site to track your rates and search for lower ones; with both you’ll see prices from multiple companies however tread carefully and avoid the super cheap companies with low ratings – they’re nightmares to rent from. Do some research on the web before you choose a rental company.
If you prefer not to drive, the best options are dependent on the size of your group – Uber and Lyft are easy to arrange (via app), but for groups of 4 or more you need multiple vehicles. Larger vehicles can be found via private car hires, such as HappyLimo.com or Mears.com
Tickets to Theme Parks
Unfortunately there are no great discounts for Disney Tickets – anywhere that you see selling “$39/day Disney Tickets” is either a scammer or wants you to sit through a half day timeshare presentation. The best places that we’ve seen for (small) discounts are UndercoverTourist.com or MouseSavers.com
Also, and quite importantly – DisneyWorld now uses a Reservation System for EVERYONE – there is little chance that you will be able to walk up to the gates, buy tickets, and get into one of the Disney parks on the same day. If you’re not familiar with the new system, please check this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/